Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What was on my Facebook referring to the Boston Bombings

Brittany Staie

During the past week we have all seen the events take place in Boston, for my blog I wanted to talk a little bit about somethings about it, like we did in class today. Today people where saying how they where seeing people jumping to conclusions on their Facebook  I also witnessed a lot of this on my Facebook  Before the names of the two brothers where even released there was someone on my Facebook news feed saying that people where "getting" back at us for having troops invading other places. They automatically jumped to the Boston bombings being a way to get pay back for us sending troops into their cities. When I saw this I started to think about how in class we have been talking about how people jump to conclusions about people. Such as people automatically assuming that just because the 9/11 attackers practice a certain religion (to the extreme) that everybody that practices that religion. I think this is something that we need to keep in mind when we are looking at this type of events, even more so when we do not have enough information to know who has done it yet (like we didnt when these people posts on facebook). In my own opinion I would think that this would be something that people would have learned after 9/11 is that even though one person is part of a group doesnt mean that everyone is like that, and likewise just because we have troops somewhere does not mean that we should automatically assume that they are responsible for attacks and or bad things that are happening to us. From what I saw from my facebook I think that one of the biggest things that people need to understand is that you can not accuse someone before you know all the details, you can not say that there is a certain group that is doing this when you do not know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.